Best Multimeter for HVAC
|Product Name:||Fluke 116/323 Kit HVAC|
If you are a HVAC tech or an electrician you will need to equip yourself with a very good multimeter. The best multimeter for HVAC techs will provide you with the capability to trace a wide variety of data. Some have more functionality than others, however they all are good. Specific to an HVAC tech, you will need to confirm your purchasing alternatives, so you can get the best value multimeter available. This can be a tough decision, because of so many multimeters available on the market.
The research in this review provides information about the better multimeters on the market.
Fluke 116/323 HVAC Multimeter and Clamp Meter Combo Kit
As a highly trained and licensed heating and air conditioning specialist, you depend upon your tools. It is important to have a outstanding multimeter on-hand. This meter measures; frequency, resistance and capacitance. Invest in the Fluke 116/323 HVAC Multimeter Combo Kit. This kit includes a rugged multimeter and general purpose clamp meter.
- 2-year warranty
- Carrying case
- Compact and lightweight
- Measures various info including current, voltage, and resistance
- Delivers accurate measurements
- An excellent troubleshooting tool for HVAC techs and electricians
Fluke 323 Clamp Meter
The Fluke 323 is a True-RMS Clamp Meter. It measures amperage, up to 400 amps of AC current. Voltage, A/C or D/C , up to 600 volts. The resistance feature measures up to 4 kilohms with an audible continuity indicator. The audible feature makes checking ohm is difficult to display and hard to reach spots more functional and easier. The amp meter is a valuable testing tool that can provide immediate diagnosis on the health of a compressor or motor.
- 400A AC
- True RMS for AC accuracy
- Measures to 600V AC/DC
- Measures resistance
- Performs continuity checks
- Slim, ergonomic
- CAT-IV safety rating to 300V
- Size: 8.15″ (207mm) x 3″ (75mm) x 1.34″ (34mm)
- Weight: 9.3oz (265g)
The Fluke 323 True-RMS Clamp Meter has a CAT IV 300V/CAT III 600 V safety rating. Amperage is measured by induction, this clamp meter will not blow fuses there is no direct amperage running through the meter.
- This is a quality-name brand meter at an affordable price, with a soft carrying case.
- A True-RMS meter, True-RMS Meters are the industry standard.
- A hold button to record the last reading.
- Clamp easily hangs on equipment, allowing both hands to be free during troubleshooting.
- This is a quality-name brand meter at an affordable price
- Quality construction
- Ease of use
- No backlight
- Does not measure DC amps
- Limited documentation
When looking for a Digital Multimeter consider the Fluke 323 Multimeter. This product is lightweight, designed for maximum comfort and well worth the investment. Whether you are a Hobbyist or professional, be assured that this meter will suit your requirements in a quality, dependable and cost effective multimeter. It comes with a 2-year warranty. This substantially complements the meter’s general value and clearly allows you to rationalize the already acceptable price.
Fluke 116 True RMS Multimeter
- Lightweight and compact design
- Bright LED backlight
- Reads temperatures in Celsius and Fahrenheit
- Ergonomic design
- Offers a one-handed operation
- User friendly interface
- Safe to utilize in CAT III 600 V environments
- Precise and accurate
- Good display
- Easy to use
- Display contrast lost under certain angles
- Occasional inaccurate temperature readings
The Fluke 116 HVAC Multimeter is the right tool for a demanding HVAC technician. You can utilize it for field service, new installs, maintenance and troubleshooting difficult to diagnose HVAC units. The integrated micro amps, flame sensors and thermometer will make the busiest days productive.
Fieldpiece HS36 Expandable Autoranging True RMS Stick Multimeter
Fieldpiece makes tools and test equipment specifically designed for HVAC technician. The Fieldpiece manufactured HS36 is a True RMS Stick Meter. The HS 36 is a digital multimeter that has several features specific to the HVAC technician to make his job easier faster safer and better.
Fieldpiece incorporates a number of safety features, both those you can and can’t see, into our meters. In addition, the HS series accepts modular test instrument accessory heads.
- Three LEDs
o High voltage LED that will beep and light up when you are testing high voltage.
o Non-contact voltage LED that will beep and light up when you are using the non-contact voltage feature.
o Continuity LED that will beep and light up when you are testing for continuity.
- Three Buttons on the meter.
o The bright blue blue backlight that lights up the screen so you can see in dark spots.
o The non-contact voltage button that you press, hold, and put the tip next to something that you suspect is hot to see if it is hot or not.
o The maximum button that will hold the max and min reading of whatever you are measuring.
- The Dial
o Continuity so we test continuity.
o Volts/ DC. This is an auto-ranging meter so we’ll select the range for you and it is true RMS.
o Microfarad’s for testing start run capacitors.
o Temperature Sensor. The nice thing about the temperature is it’s with the k-type thermocouple it plugs in right into the front and it’s a very fast reacting sensor so when you are going from a hot roof down to a cold room it does not take very long to stabilize.
o Micro amps DC pour when you are testing fling diodes
o Ohms for testing resistance
o Hertz for testing frequency and we have your
o Volts AC
- The length of the leads is designed so they can be wrapped and stored right on your meter to better organize your meter when you are not using them.
- The leads are made out of silicon rubber so they don’t stiffen up in cold weather.
- Rugged ABS case with rubberized bumpers.
- Ergonomic shape fits naturally in your hand.
- Auto power-off (APO) to conserve battery life.
- UL,CE,Cat III600V,UL61010-1,IEC/EN61010-1.
What is Included
- 400A Amp Clamp Accessory – ACH4
- Deluxe Silicone Test Leads – ADLS2
- Short Alligator Lead Extensions – ASA2
- Deluxe Meter Case – ANC1
- 9-Volt Battery (installed)
- Operator’s Manual
- Multiple functions
- Can house many attachments
- Noncontact voltage
- Readings do not neutralize back to zero
- Issue in confidence with the tool
We have read other users’ feedback and considered it when preparing out own. The HS 36 is a good product. It has multiple functions, features and safety features built into its design. It does have its draw backs. The most glaring is that the meter does not read at zero. This can cause an issue with customer loyalty. On the other hand the product works well, its price point is affordable and continuous testing shows it to be an accurate multimeter. Give this meter a look and some attention.